Shift handovers that go wrong can be expensive and risky. As a result of poor or incomplete shift handover details, approximately 60% of all accidents occur within the first 30 minutes of a shift. Faulty transfer handovers are expensive and can result in adverse accidents or hazardous circumstances. As a result, it’s important to cut down on the complication and perplexing activities.
Consider the ideal process shift, in which new technicians, supervisors, and production managers are well-versed in the previous shifts. There’s no sifting through meaningless files, no naming pages, and no looking for a hardcopy logbook. The shift management software is an example of such a system. When the team is broken into separate shifts or (partially) working remotely, transparent and reliable communication between supervisors, personnel, and contractors is crucial.
When you step away from pen and paper, you won’t have to struggle with forgotten or incomplete work, a lack of clarity on tasks and follow-up status, or production bottlenecks caused by faulty shift handovers. Here are the seven best things about shift tracker software-
- Enables Round The Clock Shift Communication: After and production meeting, activities and orders or night letters are immediately produced and allocated, making it easy to keep workers updated. Role-based custom dashboards simply list relevant logbooks and current activities. Operators and technicians will immediately record any incidents that occur during their shifts through an immersive comment system of shift management software.
- No Hassle For Pen & Paper: Electronic data storage allows managers to have access to a historical knowledge base, allowing them to make smarter, more knowledgeable choices to keep the shift handover operating safely and efficiently.
- Promote Operational Performance: Digital shift logs and real-time event reporting increase productivity and reduce downtime. Critical knowledge, including open tasks; notes and other non-routine events, is collected and approved for transfer to the next shift to operate the plant safely.
- Proper Completion Of Tasks: All study is made accurately and on schedule thanks to automated action monitoring of shift tracker app. Automated reminders make it simple to keep track of projects that need to be completed.
- Regular Guidance: Employee shift scheduling software can accurately handle KPIs, actions, and orders remotely when generating and planning instructions by subject and region with pre-defined start and end dates. It also helps you to delegate ownership by position, party, or entity, as well as establish proper rules through e-mail notifications.
- Effective Management of Production Tasks: Production meetings are managed using shift management software, which allows you to schedule, develop, and delegate actions and production recurring tasks automatically. You can keep track of activities using the workflow, due dates, and sector records, as well as to detect, completed tasks and KPIs via automatic notifications.
- Efficient Monitoring & Reporting: The shift tracker app allows you to plan shifts and keep track of them by Production Line. It also documents shift incidents, observations, and notes remotely while recording asset usage metrics and automatically delivers crucial information to assist the next shift in safely operating the facility. It enables you to respond in real-time to incidents that are recorded in real-time during changes. You can easily review and revise previous findings on equipment or procedure problems by monitoring consolidated daily change details and supervisor logs. It also enables easy real-time monitoring of plant production and reliability (OEE) as well as the automation of recurring management reports.
Employee shift scheduling software for many automotive, pharmaceutical, and utility industries excludes the need to write emails and filling out paper papers. As a result, there is a lot of misunderstanding and miscommunication. Your staff, consultants, and managers would be distracted by an abundance of paperwork, resulting in a lack of clarification and a high chance of errors. Gaining a comprehensive understanding and providing a straightforward explanation of shift handovers is important for staff and supervisors.
Integrating a digital approach to maximise change handovers will help the entire staff and internal organisation of a plant or business. Shift Management software has a lot of benefits and features, in addition to greater transparency and less uncertainty. You can also do the following with software:
- Create system-generated logs that are conveniently accessible depending on the operating schedule and production line setup.
- Pre-filled morning or production meeting minutes are available.
- Ensure that the audit trail is unblemished.
When it comes to data traceability, software beats pen and paper hands down. You will keep track of anything that occurred during a shift using electronic notes and logs. Furthermore, with the shift tracker app, these electronic logs are accessible at a glance.
Since digitization is the way of the future in any aspect of society, using powerful software would put the business ahead of the competition. To put it another way, saving data online allows managers to leverage a historical knowledge base, allowing them to make smarter, more knowledgeable choices and keep the plant operating safely and efficiently. Introduce shift tracker software in your business and see the transformation!